Technical Sales Consultant
based in Amsterdam, The Netherlands
In this role you will be providing in-depth technical advice to the sales managers and customers on our telecom solutions in order to win the deal and meet both client’s and company’s needs. The ideal candidate is strongly knowledgeable and passionate about telecom solutions. He/she has the experience in liaising with sales and customers on identifying the business needs and opportunities and translating them into technical concepts and solutions.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Actively contribute to the development and implementation of the telecom sales strategy.
- Visit customers together with Sales to lead technical discussions in order to identify both the customers’ requirements and sales opportunities for Linxtelecom.
- Design technical solutions and concepts for customers and describe them in clear commercial proposals.
- Negotiate with peers in supplier organizations and subcontractors.
- Provide sales and pre-sales technical assistance and product education on the telecom services.
- Advise other departments (e.g. implementation, marketing) on technical aspects of our telecom portfolio.
- Prepare and maintain technical scripts and proudct descriptions for telecom services.
- Monitor the competition and keep up with developments on the telecom market and technologies.
- Initiate the development of telecom products and solutions and take ownership on translating them into competitive services.
- Represent Linxtelecom on external telecom events and conferences.
- Master in Engineering, Technical or Information Technology.
- A minimum of 5 years work experience as an independent technical sales consultant within the telecom business and international environment.
- Substantial and proven experience in working with customers and liaising with technical top levels and decision makers.
- Extensive knowledge of the telecom industry technologies, infrastructures and protocols such as: LAN, WAN, DWDM, IP, IPT, IPL, VPN, VOIP, vPoP, Ethernet and MPLS.
- Excellent analytical, listening and communication skills (verbal and oral) with ability to explain the technical terms, express and present new concepts and designs, negotiate with customer and suppliers.
- Natural ability to simultaneously manage several projects and monitor progress.
- Ability to work independently and under tight deadlines.
- Commercial affinity and customer oriented approach.
- Proactive and prompt in responding.
- Fluent in (technical and business) English, both verbal and written; Dutch and other languages will be a plus.
- Ability to travel.
Anticipated start date:
- Permanent employment agreement on full time basis
- Interesting remuneration package inclusive stimulating bonus schedule
- Dynamic international team and environment with English as business language
- Informal and open atmosphere
- Employee recognition programs
- Social and teambuilding events
If you think that you meet the requirements above, please send your resume and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find out more or to submit an unsolicited application?