Manager Network Engineering
based in Tallinn
In this role you will be end responsible for planning, design and further development of the backbone and data transmission network as well as service layers and technology. You will lead an international team of Network Architects/ Engineers taking care of the quality of network services and capacity as well as effective operations of the backbone and network, including 3rd line support. You will also initiate improvements for the network technology and networks based products, and liaise with local and international network and hardware suppliers in order to strength Linxtelecom’s network infrastructure and presence.
Tasks and responsibilities focus on the following areas:
- Contributes to development of the corporate operations objectives, strategies and growth plans.
- Determine and monitor departmental budget.
- Use new opportunities related to new technology, trends, and product and service demands to ensure a high and timely business development of the company.
- Responsible for overall arhitecture and design of the Linx Telecom Ethernet, IP and SDH backbone.
- Capacity planning of the Linxtelecom data and transmission network.
- Responsible for the approval and design of complex customer solutions related to network.
- Organize the Network Engineering team as the 3rd line of support in case of network issues.
- Initiate Network based products and ensure their proper implementation and functioning.
- Initiative and prepare business cases (incl. financial aspects) for network capacity changes, expansions and investments (technological and geographical) and lead the deployment of these projects.
- Develop and maintain a good relations with other BB service providers, negotiate better backbone connectivity deals
- Owner of network related assets.
- Regularly reporting regarding network engineering
- Manage the team of Network Architects/ Engineers ensuring the quality in terms of performance and resources.
Knowledge, Competencies & Skills:
- Bachelor or Master degree in telecommunication engineering
- At least 5 years of practical experience in developing network technologies in the telecom/internet industry.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a technical management position leading a team.
- In depth knowledge of networks (IP, DWDM, SDH, Ethernet)
- Excellent listening and communication skills (verbal and oral) with ability to explain the technical terms, express and present new concepts and designs.
- Successful experience in negotiations and dealing with suppliers.
- Excellent analytical skills and good attention to details.
- Natural ability to manage projects and monitor progress
- Learning attitude and proactive approach
- Fluency in (technical and business) English is mandatory, Russian and/or Estonian would be an advantage.
- Ability to travel.
- Permanent employment agreement on full time basis
- Interesting remuneration package inclusive stimulating bonus schedule
- Dynamic international team and environment with English as business language
- Informal and open atmosphere
- Employee recognition programs
- Social and teambuilding events
If you think that you meet the requirements above, please send your resume and motivation letter to email@example.com.
Find out more or to submit an unsolicited application?